The first meetup of the IQCC – Israel’s quantum computing community
By Avraham David Sherwood at Google for Startup (Campus Israel)
There is no better way to open the weekend in the first meetup of its kind in Israel, produced by the IQCC – Israel’s quantum computing community—meetup.com. As part of the meeting, we heard a review from Dr. Asif Sinay of the Weizmann Institute of Science, who shared with us in a nutshell the quantum system he built in his PhD thesis, in the various projects and in the future of quantum computing in the world.
Are invited to enjoy a panorama image created with 24.9 bn pixels using technology based on quantum computing. This means that you can zoom in and out of the picture as well as wander around and still maintain the sharpness of the image at a very high level, as even the facial expressions of pedestrians can be clearly seen.
Courtesy of BillionPixel>> https://bit.ly/QuantumTechPix
The entire subject of quantum computing brings together topics from the fields of physics, mathematics and various theories in computer science. In the physical aspect quantum computing is described through quantum mechanics, which is a basic physics theory that describes the smallest energy levels of atoms and subatomic particles. This theory led to a scientific revolution at the beginning of the 20th century, and today we are on the brink of new capabilities to apply quantum mechanics in ways that can significantly affect the future of us all.
Quantum technologies based on the quantum sciences will include fully secure computing systems where high-level communications traffic, well-secured banking transactions, building of computers with processing power and improved computing can be made dozens of times more than the classic computers today that are familiar to most of us, engineering and manufacturing of new materials with electrical, optical and magnetic properties that will enable new devices for the creation of innovative solutions, the development of quantum sensing technologies that will enable the diagnosis and treatment of both chemical and biological weapons.
There are several areas that will be affected by the quantum revolution—
1) Quantum communications, for which secure communications systems will be developed, which will be a real revolution especially in an age where many breaches in cybersecurity are common, which puts the governments, financial institutions and large computer networks around the world in existential danger. The highest-level encryption that can provide only a security similar to that of quantum systems and so the construction of quantum computers and the development of quantum technologies that enable quantum communication, quantum security, quantum sensing and quantum signal processing is an extremely important challenge to humanity and not huge Technology such as Goggle, UCSB, IBM and Rigetti are investing billions of dollars in these aspects.
2) The quantum sensing field, for which sensors will be developed that can provide a diverse monitoring system that will be used for collecting data on land, air and sea. Many security systems, such as missile defense systems and night vision and missile detection systems, will also be improved thanks to the sensors and the quantum devices installed in them, as well as civilian systems in agriculture, enhanced and improved by the quantum revolution and medical equipment capable of monitoring chemical, biological and nuclear agents, state of the environment and social life.
3) Quantum computing, for which quantum computers will be built, is the cutting edge and the culmination of quantum technology, so that quantum computers are very different in their basic composition from classical transistors based on a logical format that is binary, ie 1 or 0. Quantum computers, on the other hand, operate on the principles of quantum mechanics according to a logical format of 1 and 0, and this unit of information is called qubit. It is a two-dimensional quantum system that serves as a unit of measurement for quantum information. It also describes the smallest data storage unit on a quantum computer, Of combinations based on both 1 and 0, which produces computational power that does not even exist on classic standards computers.
4) The field of quantum materials, for which quantum technologies will be developed that will require new and improved materials. Quantum materials are materials characterized by extremely high electrical, optical and magnetic properties, which are expected to pave a new way for a wide range of innovative quantum devices. In addition, new methods will be developed for the production of smart materials from what exists today, and for the purpose of their characterization process, deep theoretical scientific research will be carried out on the properties of these new materials.
5) The field of aeronautics and quantum simulators, for which quantum systems can be developed that can perform highly complex simulations in relation to existing computers. The quantum simulators are expected to revolutionize the simulations of basic physics processes in thickened materials and cold atoms, which are expected to produce new technologies, biological systems and advanced optical systems, such as the topologically isolated laser (bit.ly/lbscience-TIL, bit.ly/TopologicalInsulatorLaser, bit. ly / TechnionDmagTlL) recently developed by the Faculty of Physics at the Technion.
There is no doubt that this is the beginning of the second quantum revolution, with the impressive capabilities of the world’s accumulated expertise in the field of nanotechnology over the past 15 years that have paved the way for researchers and scientists to apply quantum mechanics to innovative technologies that can affect humanity as a whole. The quantum race between the big giants is getting enough qubits and a relatively low percentage of errors.
Nice answer back in return of this issue with solid arguments and describing all concerning that.
I’ve been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found
any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me.
Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did,
the web will be much more useful than ever before.
Hello, Neat post. There’s an issue with your web site in web explorer, might check this…
IE stiill is the marketplace leader and a good componet to people will omit your wonderful writing due too this problem.
Ahaa, its fastidious discussion regarding this paragraph here at this web site, I have read all that, so now me also commenting here.
Never. I’m not. I’d read they will block out frequency sounds that are continuous like a jet engine while my problem was sounds and irregular. I wager you that there no device that could neutralize all sounds such as the noise of train or a plane. This is. Also includes a volume control device on the wire which my kids love. There’s a good deal of knowledge about producing I would really like to have as a way to be a much better DJ and about sound. I really do like to party. I utilize sound, and there are so… Read more »
Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I’ve really
enjoyed surfing around your weblog posts. In any case
I’ll be subscribing in your rss feed and I hope you write
once more soon!
I am in fact grateful to the holder of this web page who
has shared this fantastic paragraph at at this time.
Na ocasião haverá várias apresentações artísticas, com palhaços, teatro, música
e artistas circenses, além das brincadeiras