- This event has passed.
The 3rd AAA/ACM Conference on AIES 2020
February 7 - February 8
As AI (and associated AI-hype) grows more pervasive in our lives, its impact on society is ever more significant, raising ethical concerns and challenges regarding issues such as privacy, safety and security, surveillance, inequality, data handling and bias, personal agency, power relations, effective modes of regulation, accountability, sanctions, and workforce displacement. Only a multi-disciplinary effort can find the best ways to address these concerns, including experts from various disciplines, such as ethics, philosophy, economics, sociology, psychology, law, history, politics, interaction design, informatics, social studies of science and technology, communication and media studies, and political science, as well as those with lived experience in relation to the impacts of AI systems. In order to address these issues in a scientific context, AAAI and ACM joined forces in 2018 to start the AAAI/ACM Conference on AI, Ethics, and Society.
The third edition of this conference will be co-located with AAAI-20 on February 7-8, 2020 at the Hilton New York Midtown, New York, USA. The program of the conference will include peer-reviewed paper presentations, invited talks, panels, and working sessions.
We expect papers will be submitted by researchers using different approaches (e.g., critical, empirical, philosophical, aesthetic, case study, ethnographic, discourse or text analysis).
The conference welcomes contributions on a broad set of topics, to encourage the possibilities for transdisciplinary connections and challenges. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Cultural, political, and other societal impacts of AI.
- AI and surveillance/manipulation of people.
- Impact of AI on jobs and work.
- Meaningful control, safety, and security of AI.
- AI and geopolitics.
- AI and vulnerable groups.
- When, why and how to ban, restrict, cost and tax AI.
- Ethical models/frameworks around AI and data .
- AI and environmental costs and impacts.
- AI and labor, AI and markets.
- Value alignment and moral decision making
- Trustworthy AI systems.
- Black box systems and modes of investigation and explanation.
- Ethically-aligned design.
- Challenges and contradictions in AI-related design, development and ethics.
- AI and the public interest.
- Infrastructures of AI.
- AI and law, regulation and governance.
- AI and literature, performance, counter-culture, resistance.
- New/novel AI-related concepts.
- Speculative future AI design and implications.
- Innovative methodologies for studying/analyzing AI.
- Developments in AI concepts, definitions, schools of thought.
Where? New York Hilton Midtown Hotel
1335 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10019, USA.
REG>> The 3rd AAA/ACM Conference on AIES 2020 – REGISTRATION
AI, Ethics, and Society Conference’s facebook page
AI, Ethics, and Society Conference (AIES)’s twitter page
IEEE’s facebook page
IEEE’s twitter page
AAAI – Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence’s facebook page
AAAI’s twitter page
Machine & Deep learning Israel’s facebook page
Machine & Deep learning Israel – The technical Q&A subgroup’s facebook page
RealAAAI’s twitter page
Hilton Hotels & Resorts’s facebook page
New York Hilton Midtown’s facebook page
Hilton’s facebook page
Hilton, Tel Aviv’s facebook page
Hilton Honors’s facebook page