August 26 - August 28
Welcome to the 6th International Conference on Design Creativity (ICDC 2020). Following five sucesssful conferences in Kobe, Japan (ICDC 2010), Glasgow, UK (ICDC 2012), Bangalore, India (3rd ICDC), Atlanta, US (ICDC 2016), and Bath, UK (ICDC 2018), the 6th ICDC 2020 is organized in the Linnanmaa campus, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland, from 26th to 28th of August 2020.
Founded by the Special Interest Group (SIG) on Design Creativity and supported by the Design Society, ICDC 2020 welcomes researchers studying the nature of design creativity from several perspectives: design, engineering, computer science, education, linguistics, management, and cognitive science. ICDC 2020 offers a forum for all those actively studying the topic of creativity within design. We invite authors to address the special theme of: Creativity at the Extremes.
Theme “Creativity at the Extremes”
Oftentimes creativity arises in situations that are less than ideal, i.e., situations where time, working space, materials, and people are limited. Since creativity under resource constraints is an important research agenda, the main theme of the Sixth International Conference on Design Creativity (ICDC 2020) is “Creativity at the Extremes”. In addition to works advancing established topics in design creativity, submissions dealing with case studies and research on new design creativity supporting technologies and approaches are also welcome.
ICDC 2020 is an official conference of the Design Society promoted by its Special Interest Group (SIG) on Design Creativity. All accepted papers will be indexed with a DOI and will be open access through the Design Society. Extended versions of selected papers will be published by the International Journal of Design Creativity and Innovation after additional review.
The conference welcomes papers on research topics including, but limited to, the following:
- Creative design processes and methods.
- Creative design cultures.
- Collaborative creative design.
- Social interactions in creative design.
- Cognition and neurosciences in creative design.
- Big data, machine learning and AI to support creativity.
- ICT supported creativity.
- Extreme prototyping and creative journeys.
- Creative design for sustainability.
- Creativity with extreme users.
- Measuring creativity and its impact.
- Open innovation for creative industries.
- Managing creativity and innovation.
- Entrepreneurship and creativity.
- Social impact of creative design.
- Case studies of new creative design practices.
- Creative learners and practitioners.
- Teaching creativity and innovation.
REG>> ICDC 2020 – REGISTRATION
The Design Society’s facebook page
The Design Society’s facebook events
Oulun yliopisto – University of Oulu’s facebook page
University of Oulu’s twitter page